- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 lime leaves or 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 Thai chilies, seeded and chopped, divided
- 1-inch knob ginger, sliced
- 1 cup chicken/fish stock/water/wine
- 1 pound snapper fillet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks celery, sliced ¼-inch thick on a bias
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 4 scallions, ends and tops trimmed, to fit the steamer basket
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Coconut rice, for serving
- Sprigs of mint, basil and cilantro for garnish
Press sauté function; select vegetables settings. Press timer; set to 5 minutes. Start.
Cut the tops off of the lemongrass and using a mallet smash the ends to release the aroma. Transfer the lemongrass, lime leaves, lime zest, 2 chilies, ginger and water to the inner pot.
Place the glass lid on top and cook until the broth is aromatic.
Remove any scales or pin bones from the fish. Cut the fillet in half and score the skin. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Transfer the celery, bell peppers and scallions to the basket and place the fillets on top. Place the wire rack with handles in the inner pot and the basket on top of the rack. Cover with the glass lid and select the Steam setting. Press the Program Dial to select Fish and press the Program Dial again to confirm the default setting, 10 minutes, and begin the cooking process.
Make the sauce by combining the sugar, the lime juice, fish sauce, remaining 2 Thai chilies, cilantro and garlic. Stir to dissolve the sugar. If necessary, you can add a little water or stock to the sauce to make it less tart.
Once the cooking process is complete transfer the steamed fish and vegetables to a serving platter garnished with herbs such as basil, mint and cilantro. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve with the coconut rice.
Note: This recipe was created specifically for the Emeril Lagasse Pressure AirFryer by Tristar. As such, cook times and temperatures may need to be adjusted if you would like to make this recipe in another pressure cooker.