For the Apple Cider-Honey Vinaigrette:
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup neutral oil, such as canola, grapeseed, or avocado
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons walnut or pecan oil
For the Salad:
- 8 ounces diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 large or 2 small sweet-tart apples, such as Honeycrisp
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 1 cup toasted and coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 cups torn lettuce leaves, such as romaine, Bibb, spinach, or a combination
Combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a pint-sized jar and shake well to combine.
Ladle 3 to 4 tablespoons dressing into the bottom of each of four quart-sized canning jars.
Divide the chicken evenly among the jars.
Toss the apples with the lemon juice (this will prevent them from browning) and divide them among the jars. Divide the remaining salad ingredients between the jars, layering them in the order in which the ingredients are listed. The salad greens should be last. Cover each jar and refrigerate until serving, up to 4 days.