- 5 Persian cucumbers or small pickling cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Koriean red chili pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion tops
Slice the cucumbers into 1/4-inch rounds and sprinkle with the salt. Place in a colander to drain for 20 to 30 minutes, then blot dry on paper towels and transfer to a mixing bowl.
Add all of the remaining ingredients except the green onions, toss to combine, and serve, sprinkled with the green onions.
Cucumbers can be made up to several days in advance.