- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek, white part only
- 1 cup pitted Cerignola olives, thinly sliced
- 2 Fresno pepers, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, qartered, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup capers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, cut on a bias
- 2 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped anchovies
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 lemons, peeled and juiced
- two 14.5 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups white wine
- 3 cups fish or shrimp stock
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
Combine all of the ingredients in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. As soon as it comes to a boil reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Check the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
Transfer to clean storage containers and use as needed.
This sauce is a great base for seafood and shellfish.
Seafood Stew Amalfi Style
Parmesan-Crusted Snapper with a Baby Arugula and Cherry Tomato Salad
Sicilian-Style Air Fried Broccoli
Fettuccine in a Porcini Mushroom Cream Sauce
Escarole and White Bean Soup
Beet and Goat Cheese Ravioli with Poppyseed Brown Butter
Olive Oil Cake with Salted Caramel and Olive Oil Mousse
Skillet Shrimp with Mascarpone Polenta and Calabrian Chiles