- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and outer leaves removed and saved for another use
- 2 Belgian endive, root end removed
- 1 small head radicchio, halved and core removed
- 3/4 cup baby spinach
- 3/4 cup arugula
- 1 small head fennel, cut in half and thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 2 tablespoons fennel fronds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and toss into a large bowl.
Cut the endive in half lengthwise, remove the core, and thinly slice the leaves and toss in the bowl.
Thinly slice the radicchio and toss in the bowl with the romaine and endive. Add the spinach, arugula, fennel, fennel fronds, dill and mint.
In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper to taste, and whisk vigorously. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss well.