- 3/4 pound peeled, deveined, and chopped shrimp
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped flatleaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 serrano pepper, minced
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) fresh dried breadcrumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Slider buns, for serving
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices for serving, optional
- Tartar sauce and/or hot sauce for serving, optional
In a bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, bell pepper, and celery with the beaten egg. Add the Creole seasoning, salt, cayenne, green onions, parsley, baking powder, and 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate mixture for 2 hours.
Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and, using a 1/3-cup measure, portion into 6 equal sized patties. Gently dredge the patties in the remaining 6 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, coating lightly on all sides.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and set the timer for 18 minutes. Spray the baking tray lightly with cooking spray and place the shrimp patties onto the baking tray. Spray the top of each patty lightly with the cooking spray.
Place the patties into the air fryer and cook until golden and crispy, 16 to 18 minutes.
Serve the patties on slider buns, dressed with lettuce, tomato slices, tartar sauce and/or hot sauce, if desired .
Air Fried Buttermilk Biscuits
Sicilian-Style Air Fried Broccoli
Air-Fried Braised Chicken Thighs with Rosemary and Lemon
Meatball Pasta Bake
Lemon Poppyseed Cake
Brown Butter-Pecan Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
Snapper Fillets Baked in a Creole Sauce
Cinco Leches Cake
Rosemary And Salt Roasted Shrimp With Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
Buttermilk Fried Chicken