- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange blossom honey or other local honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound pecan halves
Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. When foaming stir in the brown sugar, honey and spices and stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the pecans and toss to coat. Continue to cook the pecans until they are browned and fragrant, stirring occassionally so they do not burn. Pour the pecans onto a parchment lined baking sheet and cool.
Once cool package pecans into bags or boxes. The pecans will keep for up to 3 months.