- 1 pound multicolor carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch batons
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Sea salt and white pepper, to taste
- Za’atar or Aleppo pepper to garnish, optional
Place carrots, butter, honey, orange juice, lemon juice, and ginger in a vacuum bag or a resealable plastic freezer bag and seal so that there is no air inside the bag.
Assemble the sous vide machine according to manufacturer’s directions and preheat the water bath to 85 degrees C. Lower the bag into the water and cook the carrots, fully submerged, until crisp-tender, 1 to 1 ½ hours.
Remove the carrots from the water bath and heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Empty the contents of the bag into the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cooking liquid reduces to a shiny glaze, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper and garnish with the spices if desired.
Sous Vide Leeks with an Herb Vinaigrette
Honey Butter Glazed Carrots
Simple Sous Vide Steak
Sous Vide Beet Salad with Feta, Pistachios, and Honey
Sous Vide Pork Chops with a Summer Vegetable Saute
Sous Vide Greek Meatballs
Easy Sous Vide Creme Brulee
Sous Vide Lemongrass Chicken with Thai Basil
Sous Vide Chicken Liver Mousse
Sous Vide Skirt Steak for Tacos