- 4 boneless chicken thighs, extra skin and fat trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Wondra instant flour
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 to 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon finely chopped anchovies
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Cooked pasta, rice, or crusty French bread, for serving
Brush the chicken thighs on both sides with the teaspoon of olive oil, then sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the Wondra.
Scatter the sliced shallots, lemon slices, garlic, and rosemary along the bottom of the air fryer basket. Place the chicken thighs on top, skin sides up, and cook at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly golden and crispy around the top edges.
Transfer the chicken to the bullet pan, along with the sliced shallots, lemon, garlic, and rosemary. Sprinkle the olives over the top. Whisk the broth, wine, heavy cream, anchovies, and crushed red pepper together, then pour over the chicken. Position the pan in the air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees F. Cook for 25 minutes, rearranging the chicken twice during cooking so that pieces are evenly browned on top. Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer to a serving dish.
In a small heatproof bowl, blend the butter with the remaining tablespoon of Wondra to form a smooth paste. Ladle about ½ cup of the hot cooking liquid into the bowl and whisk to blend, then stir the paste mixture into the cooking liquid remaining in the bullet pan. The juices should thicken immediately. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary, then pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Notes: This recipe was developed for Emeril's 5.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer
- Source: Emeril's Test Kitchen
- Dish Type: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Cooking Method: Combination
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Simple