- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, or more to taste
- 1 1/4 pound NY strip steak, rib-eye or filet, sliced into long thin strips
- 1 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Chopped roasted peanuts, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Sticky rice, for serving
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
To make the beef satay, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and chili garlic sauce and stir well. Add the beef to the sauce and toss to coat. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Remove the beef from the marinade and thread one strip of beef on a soaked wooden bamboo skewer. Place on a baking sheet and continue with the remaining beef and skewers.
Transfer 4 or 5 skewers to the basket of the Emeril Air Fryer set to the +5 setting at 370º F. When the timer goes off transfer the first batch of skewers to a platter and cover until ready to serve. Repeat with the remaining beef and skewers.
Prepare the Peanut sauce. In a food processor, combine the green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic and ginger and process on high speed for 30 seconds. Transfer the vegetables to a small mixing bowl and set aside. Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, fish sauce, lime juice and hoisin sauce to the food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer the peanut butter mixture to the bowl with the vegetables and stir until well combined. The peanut sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Serve the Beef Satay with the Peanut Sauce, sticky rice, lettuce leaves, chopped roasted peanuts and cilantro leaves.
Note: This recipe was developed for Emeril's 5.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer.
- Source: Emeril's Test Kitchen
- Dish Type: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Cooking Method: Any
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Simple