- All-purpose flour, for dusting the work surface
- 1 9-inch prepared pie dough, store-bought or homemade, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans, plus ¼-cup pecan halves
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond butter, cashew butter or peanut butter (smooth, not crunchy)
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
Dust your work surface with a bit of the flour and lay the prepared pie dough on top. Place an 8-inch plate face down on top of the pie dough and, using it as a template, cut around its edges to make an 8-inch pie shell. Discard the remaining dough and lay the formed dough into the Pie Pan. Make sure to fold the edges of the dough under itself, so that the folded edges sit on the rim of the Pie Pan. Place into the basket of the Air Fryer and set aside.
In a small sauté pan, place the butter and ½ cup chopped pecans over medium-heat. Cook the pecans in the butter until the butter is no longer foaming and the nuts are lightly toasted, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and place toasted nuts into the pie shell in the Air Fryer basket, spreading them around to ensure that they are evenly dispersed.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, almond butter, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk well to combine. Carefully pour the mixture over the toasted nuts and then lay the remaining pecan halves on top of the pie in a decorative manner. Place the basket into the drawer of the Air Fryer and insert into the machine. Set the temperature to 320 degrees Fahrenheit, and the timer to 25 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, carefully remove the Pie Pan from the Air Fryer, and allow the pie to cool for about 20 minutes before removing it from the Pie Pan using a flexible spatula. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Cooks Note: This recipe was specifically developed for Emeril's 3 quart Air Fryer