- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pistachios
- 2 cups firm-cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked wild rice or brown rice*
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- ½ teaspoon chopped thyme
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 recipe for Mixed Greens with Pink Lady Apples and a Cranberry Vinaigrette
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
In a large saute pan over medium high heat add the grapeseed oil; when hot, add the onion and garlic and cook for about 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the bell pepper and celery; cook, covered, for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a large bowl combine the sauteed vegetables with the lentils, rice, cranberries, bread crumbs, basil, thyme, oregano, eggs, flour and milk. Mix well and then spoon into the loaf pan.
Bake until firm, about 45 minutes. Slice and serve warm with Mixed Greens with Pink Lady Apples and a Cranberry Vinaigrette.
Seared Salmon With Lentils
Lentil Salad With Braised Greens And Sunny Side Up Eggs
Sicilian Style Chickpea Salad
Green Dreams Smoothie
Roast Garlic Chicken And Vegetables
Emeril's Fish In A Bag
Quinoa Mix With Sauteed Kale
Rice Salad with a Soy Citrus Vinaigrette
Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Kale And Chickpea Stew