- 4 tablespoons Spanish olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 small arbol chilies, crushed
- 1 ½ pounds button mushrooms, wiped clean, stems removed and cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fino sherry
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. When hot add the garlic and the arbol chilies for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the garlic begins to turn a golden color. Add the mushrooms and increase the heat to medium high. Continue to cook, stirring, until they begin to release some of their juices and then add the sherry and the vinegar. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and the parsley and remove from the heat.
Serve warm or at room temperature.