- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces smoked sliced shiitake or other wild or exotic mushrooms
- 8 ounces smoked trout, flaked
- Salt as needed
- Crispbread, for serving
- 1/2 cup watercress or arugula for serving
- 3 boiled eggs thinly sliced, for serving
- Thinly sliced or small diced cucumber for serving
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, dill and black pepper in a bowl with a whisk until smooth. Fold in the mushrooms and trout. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to meld, about 2 hours.
- To serve, spread on crispbread and top with watercress, egg slices and cucumber.