- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds wild or exotic mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 smoked pimenton dulce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup mushroom stock or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons chives
Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions and keep warm.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the mushrooms and the onions and cook until the mushrooms are browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Push the browned mushrooms to the side of the pan, add the remaining olive oil and the remaining mushrooms and cook until all of the mushrooms are golden brown and the onions are wilted. Add the garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and smoked pimenton and cook for 1 minute longer.
Deglaze the pan with the red wine and cook, stirring, until the red wine has completely reduced, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the broth, bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the sour cream and the chives. Add the noodles back to the pan and stir to coat.
Turkey, Basmati and Wild Rice Casserole
Fiddlehead Ferns and Wild Mushroom Ragout
Wild Mushroom Ragout Crostini
Roasted Wild Mushroom Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Roasted Tomato, Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Stir Fried Udon Noodles with Pork and Wild Mushrooms
Wild Rice, Sausage, and Apple Dressing
Turkey and Wild Rice Salad
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Roast Turkey and Mushroom Rigatoni