- 3 tablespoons salted butter, plus more for serving
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, oil, cream, and buttermilk. While still whisking, drizzle in the melted butter, honey, and dark corn syrup. Add all of the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and whisk just until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the greased skillet and bake until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven and brush the top with butter. Let cool briefly before serving; serve hot.