- 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, plus more to grease the pan
- 5 ounces bittersweet (60% cocoa) chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Grease a 8- by 8- inch baking pan with butter or pan spray and line with parchment or waxed paper.
Combine the butter and chocolate in a medium -size mixing bowl and either melt in the microwave or over a double boiler.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the sugars, eggs and the vanilla. Slowly add the chocolate to the sugar and egg mixture and whisk until completely combined.
Sift the rice flour and the cocoa powder together over the chocolate and egg mixture and whisk well.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and transfer to the oven.
Bake for 30 minutes or until done. The brownie will be slightly fudgy.
Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
Serve the brownies immediately or they can be stored in a resealable container for up to 5 days.