- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey or your favorite local honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds beef flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain (freeze slightly for easier slicing)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces on the diagonal (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1- inch dice (about 1 1⁄2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 large heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Steamed rice, for serving
Combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper. Mix well and set aside.
Toss the beef in the cornstarch, shake to remove any excess, and set aside.Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil. Once it begins to smoke, add the green onions, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Transfer the broccoli and peppers to a small platter and set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons of the remaining peanut oil to the wok. Add half of the beef and sauté, stirring frequently, until browned, about 1 minute. Transfer the beef to the platter with the broccoli. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil to the pan and cook the remaining beef. Return the reserved broccoli and beef mixture to the wok. Add the sauce and cook, stirring to coat the beef and broccoli evenly, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Add the sesame seeds, stir to combine, and serve immediately with steamed rice.