- 1 pound dry buccatini pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup small diced yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces kale (about 4 cups), stemmed and rough chopped
- 2 ounces hot soppressata, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 pound Manila clams, brushed and cleaned
- 1/3 cup pasta cooking water
- 1½ cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes, or fresh tomato puree
- 8 ounces baby yellow Roma tomatoes, or tear drop tomatoes
- 1 pound 21-25’s (medium shrimp)
- 2 teaspoons Emeril’s Original Essence
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Set a large, 6-quart pot with water over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, season with ¼ cup of salt. Add the buccatini to the water and stir until the water returns to a boil, about 2 minutes.
While the pasta cooks, set a large, 14-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onions, 1 teaspoon of the salt, the crushed red pepper flakes and the garlic to the pan. Cook stirring until the onions are slightly translucent, and the garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the kale to the pan and allow to wilt slightly, about 30 seconds. Add the Soppressata to the pan and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the clams and pasta water to the pan and cook, shaking the pan until the clams just begin to start opening, about, 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and yellow tomatoes to the pan. Cook until the clams are nearly completely opened, about 2 minutes longer. Season the shrimp with the Essence and add them to the pan. Cook until they begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
Remove the pasta from the water and add it to the pan with the clams and shrimp. Stir the ingredients in the pan and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and remaining salt and fresh ground black pepper if necessary. Taste and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Remove the pan from the heat and place on a large platter to serve. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over top of the pasta and serve.
Turkey Pot Pie with a Sage Biscuit Topping
Beef and Broccoli
New England Style Salmon and Shellfish Chowder
Alden's Grandmother's Cornbread Kicked Up
Whole Roasted Red Snapper
Portuguese Sweet Bread French Toast
Mr. John's Chorizo Frittata
Greens with Fried Tortellini and Prosciutto
Quinoa Mix With Sauteed Kale