- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks plus 1 whole egg
- 10 ounces chopped white chocolate or white chocolate morsels
- 1 ½ cups toasted and coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 ½ crusty French baguettes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 14 cups)
- Vanilla Bean Crème Anglaise, for serving
Combine the cream, milk, and the sugar in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring just to a boil. Add the white chocolate chips and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, undisturbed, then whisk until the chocolate is completely dissolved.
Whisk the egg yolks and egg together in a large bowl. Whisk in 1 cup of the hot cream mixture, then gradually add the remaining cream mixture and whisk to blend. Add the macadamia nuts and the cubed bread and set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a large baking dish.
Transfer the bread pudding mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake in the center of the oven until the bread pudding is puffed, golden brown and set in the center, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool briefly before serving with the Vanilla Bean Crème Anglaise.