- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup extra dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pimenton (smoked Spanish paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon espelette or cayenne
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup hot water
- Chocolate Ganache, for icing cake
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan.
Sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, canola oil and molasses.
Bring the hot water to a boil, and little by little, whisk the hot water into the egg mixture.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Bake the cake in the center of the oven until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a cooling rack until completely cool.
Drizzle with the ganache and serve at room temperature.
- Source: E2 Emeril's Eatery
- Dish Type: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: American
- Cooking Method: Baking
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Moderate