- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 ounces arugula
- 3 tablespoons Steen’s Cane Syrup Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 2 ripe peaches, halved, pitted, and sliced
- 4 ounces ricotta salata cheese (crumbled by hand)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
Steen's Cane Syrup Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Steen’s cane vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the bourbon and brown sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Once the bacon is starting to brown, baste the slices with the bourbon glaze and continue to cook until bacon is crisp and caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
Remove from the oven and transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain briefly, then cut the bacon into pieces 3 or 4 inches long.
Season the arugula lightly with salt and pepper and toss with enough of the vinaigrette to coat.
Divide the arugula evenly among 4 salad plates. Arrange the sliced peaches and bacon over the top of the salads, alternating slices of peaches and pieces of bacon in a shingled line over the arugula. Top with the crumbed ricotta salata and the toasted pecans. Serve drizzled with extra vinaigrette if desired.
STEEN'S CANE SYRUP VINAIGRETTE
In a medium nonreactive mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, shallot, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Allow to sit 5 to 10 minutes, then little by little whisk in the canola oil until completely incorporated. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Makes 2 cups
- Source: emeril's delmonico
- Dish Type: Salads
- Cuisine: American
- Cooking Method: Combination
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Simple