- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup Spanish olive oil
- 1 pound firm (smoked) chorizo, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry (fino) sherry
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the 1 tablespoon olive oil. When it is hot, add the sliced chorizo and sauté, turning as necessary, until it begins to brown around the edges on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized around the edges and softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup of the sherry and cook for 1 minute.
Add the shrimp, paprika, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 cup sherry, the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, and the lemon juice and parsley; stir to combine. When heated through, remove from the heat.
Serve immediately on small plates, with any accumulated cooking juices spooned over the top. Pass the bread at the table.
Spicy Sausage, Bean And Cheese Nachos
Baked Crabmeat, Artichoke, And Spinach Dip
Pork And Shrimp Spring Rolls With Peanut Sauce
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Emeril's Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, and Green Onions
Chili Con Queso
Layered Black Bean Chili Dip
Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, And Arugula Salad
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus