- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced or quartered
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries or blueberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds, lightly toasted
Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1 /4 cup (about half the original volume) and syrupy, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool while you assemble the desserts.
In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and almond extract. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is very smooth.
When ready to serve the dessert, divide the berries evenly among six dessert bowls. Place a generous dollop of the sour cream mixture over the berries, and then drizzle with some of the balsamic drizzle. Garnish with the almonds, and serve immediately.