- Roasted Red Pepper Mayo
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence or Creole Seasoning, plus more if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 zucchinis (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh
- parsley, plus more for garnish
Make the Roasted Red Pepper Mayo and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, 3/4 teaspoon of the Essence, and the cayenne. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Heat 4 to 6 inches of oil to 350° F in a 6-quart pot or deep-fryer.
While the oil is heating, cut the zucchinis into small dice (about 2 cups), and place in a small bowl. Cut the shrimp into 1/4-inch pieces and add to the bowl, along with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon Essence, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the lemon juice and parsley. Mix to combine. Add this mixture to the batter and stir to incorporate.
Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, carefully drop 10 portions of the batter into the hot oil. Cook, turning the fritters as necessary, until nicely browned on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes total. Drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining batter.
Sprinkle chopped parsley over the fritters, season with additional Essence if desired, and serve immediately, with the Roasted Red Pepper Mayo alongside.