- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit zest
- 2 cups freshly squeezed red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the sugar, water, and grapefruit zest in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to steep for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the grapefruit juice and lemon juice. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Stir in the black pepper, and set it aside to cool. (It will cool faster if you set the container in a bowl of ice water and stir it intermittently.)
- Cover and refrigerate the sorbet base until it is thoroughly chilled, about 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Process the sorbet in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer it to a freezerproof container, cover, and freeze until ready to serve.
- Source: Farm to Fork
Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Jalapeno Grilled Quail With Texas Red Grape Grapefruit Jelly Glaze
Herbed Goat Cheese Buttons
Homemade Ricotta Cheese