- Four 6- to 8-ounce skinless catfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence or Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
Position a rack about 4 inches from the broiler element and preheat the broiler.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Season the catfish fillets on both sides with the Essence, salt, and white pepper, and place the fillets on the prepared baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, and thyme. Using a small spoon, spread the garlic mixture evenly over the catfish. Then drizzle the fillets with the lemon juice.
Transfer the baking sheet to the broiler. Cook the catfish for 6 minutes. Then rotate the baking sheet front to back, and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily when pressed with your fingers at the thickest part, about 4 minutes longer.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately, sprinkled with the parsley and garnished with lemon wedges if desired.
- Source: Emeril 20-40-60