- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- One 1-pound bag (4 cups) frozen peaches
- One 1-pound bag (3 cups) frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crisp Topping (recipe follows)
- Whipped cream, crème fraîche, or
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with the butter.
Combine the peaches, blackberries, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Toss well to mix. Transfer the fruit to the prepared baking dish, and cover with the topping. Place the baking dish on a parchment or foil-lined rimmed baking sheet to catch any juices that may bubble over.
Bake until the crisp is browned on top and the juices have thickened around the edges, about 40 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, crème fraîche, or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and process on low speed until the mixture is crumbly and coarse. (Alternatively, combine the ingredients in a bowl, and using a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.)
Yield: Enough topping for 1 crisp