- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (mix two of your favorites, half and half, such as pecans, walnuts, almonds, or macadamias)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir just until dough is stiff. Stir in nuts and chocolate.
Form cookies using 2 soup spoons and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until light brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool slightly, then remove with a spatula and let cool completely on wire racks.
Jilly's Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I Can't Believe It's Gluten-free Peanut Butter Cookies
Black Cat Cookies (Orange-Scented Sables With A Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache)
Delmonico's Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies with Vanilla Milk
Grilled Almond-Butter Sandwiches with Bananas and Semisweet Chocolate
White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Blondies
Poached Pears With Port Syrup And Blue Cheese
Chai-spiced Pumpkin Pudding With Lady Fingers
Decorated Sugar Cookies