- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey, preferable 85/15 blend, or a mix of ground breast and thigh meat
- 2/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence or Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375° F.
Place the turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add the onion, bell pepper, breadcrumbs, celery, egg, 1 tablespoon of the ketchup, the garlic, Essence, salt, and pepper. Mix gently but thoroughly until the ingredients are well combined. Transfer the turkey mixture to a 1-pound loaf pan, and form it into a domed loaf shape.
Place the remaining ketchup in a small bowl, and stir in the hot sauce. Spoon the ketchup mixture evenly over the meatloaf, spreading it with the back of a spoon.
Bake until the meatloaf is browned on top, cooked through, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165° F, 45 to 50 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Seared Salmon With Lentils
Emeril's Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, and Green Onions
Boneless Pork Chops Parmigiana
New York Strip With Beurre Maître D’hôtel
Emeril's Late-night Parfaits
Braised Chicken Thighs
Brazilian Fish Stew
Better Than Mama's Chili Mac
Pressed Roast Turkey, Pesto, and Provolone Sandwiches