- Yuzu ponzu
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices sushi-grade yellow-fin tuna, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices extra-firm tofu
- 16 large butter lettuce leaves
- 12 wonton wrappers, cut into 1/16-inch threads and fried until crispy
- 16 paper-thin slices fresh jalapeno
- Spicy chili-garlic sauce (recommended: Sriracha), for garnish
- 16 sprigs cilantro
- Basil oil
- Pour 1/4 cup of the yuzu ponzu onto a large dinner plate. Carefully lay the slices of tuna in the sauce. Marinate for 1 minute and turn over. Repeat process on a separate plate with the tofu.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 dinner plates, placing 4 leaves on each plate to make a four-leaf clover pattern. Place a small amount of the crispy wontons in the center of each leaf. Place a slice of tuna on top of the wonton threads. Pour 1/2 teaspoon of the yuzu ponzu over each slice. Place a slice of jalapeno on top of each piece of tuna followed by a dot of the Sriracha and a sprig of cilantro. Drizzle each plate with a small amount of the basil oil. Alternately, repeat the process with the tofu.