- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into
- bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon Emerilís Original Essence
- 3 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (5-inch) piece lemongrass, cut in half lengthwise and crushed with edge of knife (see Tip)
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup quartered button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Place the chicken in a small mixing bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
Season the shrimp in a separate small mixing bowl with Essence and set aside.
Combine the chicken broth, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, and lemongrass in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the diced, seasoned chicken, coconut milk, mushrooms, and crushed red pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
Add the seasoned shrimp, snow peas, and lime juice. Simmer an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through and the chicken is cooked through.
Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove from the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.
Remove and discard the lemongrass before serving the soup.