- 1 recipe Potato Skordalia
- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish fillets (or other firm-fleshed fish, such as tuna or amberjack)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Essence, for seasoning fish
- 3 cups cooked white beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 small red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Prepare Potato Skordalia, cover, and set aside until ready to serve.
Preheat a grill to medium-high. Brush the swordfish fillets with the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Season both sides with Essence. When the grill is hot, grill the fish until medium, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Remove from the grill and cover to keep warm.
Combine the white beans with red onions, roasted red peppers, lemon zest, cilantro, parsley, extra-virgin olive oil, and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Adjust seasonings with the salt and pepper, and toss well.
To serve place a grilled fillet on each of 4 dinner plates. Top each with the white bean relish and desired amount of the Potato Skordalia. (Alternatively, spread some of the skordalia onto the center of a dinner plate and then place the fish on top of the skordalia, garnishing everything with the white bean relish.) Garnish with lemon wedges and cilantro sprigs.