- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, ends trimmed, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained and broken up
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 (5 1/2-ounce) bag potato chips, crushed
- Saute the onions and bell peppers in 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over high heat until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the mushrooms, Essence, and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft and have released their liquid, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and chicken stock and cook, stirring, until smooth and thick, about 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and very flavorful, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the egg noodles until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside. Butter a 9 by 13-inch casserole or baking dish with the remaining tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the noodles, tuna, parsley, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan to the skillet and stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer to the prepared casserole and top with the potato chips. Bake uncovered until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Gulf Shrimp And Fresh Fettuccini With Tomato, Mushrooms, And Truffle Oil
Veal Piccata with Angel Hair and Parmigiana-Reggiano
Angel Hair Aglio Olio
Antipasto Pasta Salad
Linguine With Clam Sauce
Baked Ziti In A Mornay Sauce With Italian Sausage And Fennel
Classic Spaghetti Carbonara