- 2 1/2 pounds chicken meat, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
In a large mixing bowl, toss the chicken with the seasonings and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Grind the meat twice in a meat grinder fitted with a 1/2-inch die. A food processor could also be used to grind the meat.
Once the meat is ground, it can be used as desired.
For adding to stuffings, sear the sausage in a hot skillet until partially cooked through and then cool before stuffing bird.
Sausage also makes tasty burgers or can be formed into patties, panseared, and served alongside eggs and biscuits for a hearty breakfast.