- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare Basic Pizza Dough as recipe instructs below and set aside to rise.
- Combine butter and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Cover, remove from the heat and set aside. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets. Set aside.
- Remove risen dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough out into a large rectangle, about 16 by 12 inches. Brush the dough lightly with the olive oil. Cut the dough in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into strips about 1 1/4 inches wide. Tie each strip loosely into a knot, stretching gently if necessary, and place on prepared baking sheets about 2-inches apart. Sprinkle the tops of the knots with salt. Cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 30 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown and risen, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss gently with the warm garlic butter, Pecorino Romano cheese, and parsley. Add salt to taste if necessary. Serve immediately.