- 2 pounds beef tenderloin filet tips, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French or Italian bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 4 large heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- 4 ounces shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
Place the filet tips in a shallow non-reactive dish. Combine the red wine vinegar, red wine, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, Worcestershire, garlic, shallots, Essence, soy sauce, mustard and black pepper in a non-reactive mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade over the meat, stirring to coat the meat well with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight, turning meat occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Sprinkle with Essence. Bake for 8 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Set aside.
Preheat a grill to high. Thread the marinated meat cubes onto skewers, dividing the meat evenly. Grill the skewers until the meat is cooked to your liking, about 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and set aside on a plate while you assemble the salads.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl and toss with the dressing to taste. Divide the salad among 6 large salad plates and top each plate with 1 of the skewers . Garnish each salad with 2 croutons and top with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.