- 1/2 pound raw bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound roasted turkey meat, diced
- 4 ounces Maytag blue cheese or other domestic cheese, crumbled
- 4 large hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cleaned, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large red onion cut into thin rings
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat the fryer.
In a sauté pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Whisk the mustard, vinegar, honey, and shallots, into the bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper. Adjust the balance of the vinaigrette by adding more mustard or honey, to taste. Set the dressing aside.
In a large bowl, combine the turkey, cheese, eggs, crispy bacon, tomatoes, avocados, lettuce, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the red onion rings in the seasoned flour, coating completely and shaking off the excess. Fry the onion rings until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Toss the lettuce with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, mound a quarter of the salad in the center of each serving plate. Pile the onions on top of each salad. Garnish with parsley.
Mini Turkey Monte Cristos
Turkey and Wild Rice Salad
Curry Turkey Salad
Roast Turkey and Mushroom Rigatoni
Turkey Avocado Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
Turkey, Basmati and Wild Rice Casserole
Turkey, Mushroom and Bacon Panini
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Potato Crisps And Bacon
Make Your Own Salad With Creamy Green Salad Dressing
Pressed Roast Turkey, Pesto, and Provolone Sandwiches