- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Italian Essence or other dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Baby Bam
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into eighths or bite-size pieces
- 1 pound carrots (about 3 cups, or 6 medium carrots), peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion (about 1 1/2 cups), chopped into eighths or bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash (about 1 1/2 cups), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper (about 1 cup), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 425Â°F.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian Essence, 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of the Baby Bam in a medium bowl.
- Toss the potatoes in this mixture and place them in a roasting pan. Using oven mitts or pot holders, transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon Italian Essence, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon Baby Bam in another medium bowl. Toss the carrots, onion, squash, and bell pepper in this mixture and reserve for roasting.
- After the initial 20-minute roasting of potatoes, remove the pan from the oven using oven mitts or pot holders. Add the carrots, onion, squash, and bell pepper to the potatoes and, using a wooden spoon, stir to combine.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, return the roasting pan to the oven and increase the temperature to 475Â°F. Roast until all the vegetables are tender and have a nice color, about 40 minutes longer. (Stir the pan at least once during cooking to ensure even browning of the vegetables.)
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the pan from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes, and serve.