- 8 cups day-old white bread, such as French or Italian, cut into 1-inch cubes (toast if fresh)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups Real Whipped Cream (You'll need to make a triple batch) (optional)
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the cubed bread in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat and pour the butter over the bread cubes. Using a rubber spatula, toss to evenly distribute the butter.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of the butter and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, raisins, if using, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk to combine.
- Pour the cream mixture over the bread cubes and stir to combine. Let sit for 30 for 45 minutes, or until the bread is soft and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 350Âº degrees F.
- Transfer the bread mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake, uncovered, until the top is golden brown and crispy and the pudding is firm in the center, about 45 minutes.
- While the bread pudding is baking, prepare the Chocolate Sauce.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the bread pudding from the oven and set aside on a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with Chocolate Sauce and a triple batch of Real Whipped Cream. If desired.
- YIELD 10 to 12 servings
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE: Place the chocolate morsels in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine the milk, cream, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring just to a boil.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the saucepan from the heat immediately and carefully pour the milk mixture over the chocolate morsels. Let sit for one minute, then whisk until smooth.
- Set aside until ready to serve the bread pudding.
Try It, You'll Like It Zucchini Bread
Just Chillin' Chocolate Fridge Pie
Candy Bar Stuffed Baked Apples
Big Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hot Out Of The Oven Bread
Corn Off The Cob Pudding
It's A Good Morning Muffins
Totally From Scratch Biscuits
Megan's White Chocolate Bark With Pecans
Piece Of The Pie Pecan Bars