- 1 (8-inch) piece of French bread, crust trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Baby Bam
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Italian Essence or other dry Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried, torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- To make the croutons, put the bread cubes in a medium mixing bowl and season with the Baby Bam.
- Combine 1/3 cup of the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of the garlic in a blender and process on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the bread cubes and toss with a spatula to coat evenly.
- Spread the bread cubes evenly on the lined baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, combine the white wine vinegar, mustard, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, sugar, Italian Essence, salt, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of garlic in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to blend. Gradually add the remaining 2/3 cup of olive oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until well blended and smooth.
- To assemble the salad, put the lettuce in a large salad bowl and add the dressing and the Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat evenly. Divide the salad mixture evenly among 4 salad plates (or more if making smaller servings) and top with equal amounts of the croutons.