- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped smoked ham
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 to 1/2 pound spaghetti or linguine, cooked until al dente
- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Essence
In a large skillet, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ham and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened and reduced by almost 50 percent, about 4 minutes. Stir in the green onions, cheese, and herbs, and toss to combine. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
In a medium skillet, melt the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Season the crawfish with the Essence. Add to the pan and cook, stirring, until firm and warmed through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
One at a time, place a large fork (tines down) in the pasta. Twirl to grab 2 to 3 strands of pasta with sauce, and turn to pack tightly onto the fork. Spear 2 crawfish tails on the tines and place on a serving platter, handle out. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and forks, arranging the forks in a spoke pattern on the platter, crawfish in the center.