- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- Sour Cream Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate shavings
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and egg until thickened and pale yellow in color. Beat in the butter, vanilla and salt. Gently stir in the flour, being careful not to overmix. Allow the batter to rest at room temperature at least 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease your pizzelle iron. Preheat the iron on the stove over medium heat (if you're using an electric model, follow the manufacturer's directions.)
- If using a 5-inch pizzelle iron, use 1 1/2 tablespoons batter; if using an 8-inch iron, use 2 tablespoons. Close the pizzelle and cook for 45 seconds on 1 side. Turn the iron over and continue to cook until lightly golden, about 45 seconds more. Adjust heat as necessary. Open the iron and remove the waffle with a fork or thin spatula.
- While still hot, quickly roll the waffle around a cone-shaped mold, sealing the point. (The cones will harden as they cool; remove from the mold when cool.)
- To serve, fill the each pizzelle cone with scoops of Sour Cream Ice Cream and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Sour Cream Ice Cream
Berry Ice Cream Pie With Coconut Whipped Cream
Milk Chocolate And Coffee Kahlua-spiked Ice Cream Bonbons
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Individual Plum Pies With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake†with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Emeril's Warm Peach Pancakes With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream And A Drizzle Of Warm Caramel Sauce
Vanilla Ice Cream With Sweet Red Bean Paste
Profiteroles with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce