- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, milk, and 3/4 cup sugar. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the pan and add the vanilla bean halves. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks until thickened. Whisk 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg yolks. Whisking, gradually add the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream into the hot cream.
- Return to the heat and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against the surface to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of the strawberries, 1 cup of the blueberries, the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the chilled strawberries and the chilled cream mixture. Pour the mixture into the bowl of an ice cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon 1/2 of the churned soft ice cream into the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Transfer the remaining pint of ice cream to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Toss gently to combine.
- Remove the frozen pie from the freezer and slice with a sharp knife dipped in hot water.
- Place on dessert plates and top each serving with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and tablespoonful of the berries.
Coconut Whipped Cream
Homemade Vanilla Pizzelle Waffle Cones With Sour Cream Ice Cream
Sour Cream Ice Cream
Milk Chocolate And Coffee Kahlua-spiked Ice Cream Bonbons
Italian Cream Cake With A Coconut And Pineapple Icing
Floís Mango Shortcake With A Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Flambeed Pineapples With Coconut Ice Cream
Fresh Coconut Ice Cream With Mexican Chocolate Sauce
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Pineapple Cream Pie With Coconut Crust