- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces wood ear or shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, wiped clean and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh morel mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean, and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh chanterelle mushrooms, stems trimmed, wiped clean and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces softened goat cheese
- Toast points and crackers, accompaniment
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until wilted and starting to brown. Add the wine, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the wine is nearly all evaporated, 5 minutes. Add the parsley and truffle oil and cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a food processor. Process with the cheeses until well combined. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Transfer to a decorative ramekin or bowl, cover and refrigerate until set, 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve chilled with toast points and crackers.
- Source: Emeril Live EM1G11e
- Dish Type: Appetizer