- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound Homemade Andouille, or other spicy smoked sausage, removed from casings and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 (14 to 16-ounce) double-cut, bone-in loin pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 16 slices bacon
- Ham Hock Gravy
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the andouille and cook, stirring, until brown, about 3 minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers, and celery and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the corn bread and chicken stock and cook, stirring, until the corn bread is soft, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and mix in the parsley. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a thin sharp knife, cut a slit into the side of the pork chops about 2 1/2-inches across and 1-inch deep. Season the chops on both sides with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the Essence. Then stuff each chop with about 1/2 cup of the cooled corn bread stuffing. (The chops will be very full.) Wrap 4 slices of bacon around each chop, making sure that each end of bacon overlaps the next, so that the chop is completely wrapped.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a very large heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully lay the chops in the pan. Cook until the bacon is crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer the chops to a platter and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm and serve with Ham Hock Gravy.
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops With Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops
Grilled Double Cut Andouille Crusted Pork Chops With A Creole Mustard, Caramelized Onion Reduction Sauce
Pork Chops With Ham Hock Gravy
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Ham Hock Gravy
Smoked Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops With Andouille Hollandaise And Smothered Greens
Chili Marinated Double Cut Pork Chops
Chicken Fried Pork Chops With Andouille Milk Gravy Over Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Smothered Greens With Ham Hock Gravy