- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 hot green pepper, or to taste, seeded and finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, mash the garlic and the salt with the back of a fork to form a paste. Stir in the red wine vinegar. Whisk in the extra virgin olive oil slowly to form an emulsion. Add the black pepper, and whisk. Add the tomatoes, onions, pepper, and parsley. Toss to coat and set aside 30 minutes before serving. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve at room temperature with the Matambre or other beef dishes.
- Source: Emeril Live EM1F44e
- Dish Type: Sauces