- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound thinly sliced bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil, and position broiler rack on top of pan. Lightly coat the rack with the vegetable oil.
- Combine the brown sugar and cayenne in a shallow dish, stirring to mix well. Press 1 side of each slice of bacon firmly into the spiced sugar to coat well. Arrange the slices of bacon on top of the broiler rack in a single layer, sugared-side up. If there is any sugar remaining in the dish, sprinkle it on top of the bacon slices evenly. Bake until the bacon is crisp and the sugar is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain briefly, then to a plate or serving dish to cool. (Can be made several hours ahead) Serve warm or at room temperature.
Baby Lettuces And Cayenne Roasted Peanuts With Creole Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, And Homemade White Cheddar Crackers
Champagne Eye Opener
Brioches Stuffed With Chicken Hash
Goat Cheese, Pear And Blackberry Tart
Biloxi Bacon (smoked Mullet With Cane Syrup Glaze)
Creamy Oven Cooked Bacon Dip
Panneed Oysters Wth Sweet Corn Maque Choux, Tomato Jam And Crispy Bacon
Bacon Cheddar Cheese Scones
Bacon Clam Dip