- 1 large egg yolk*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole mustard, or other hot, whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine the egg yolk, soy sauce, Creole mustard, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper, and process for 20 seconds on high speed.
- With the machine running, add the oil through the feed tube in a steady stream and process until it is smooth and thick.
- Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of foodborne illness. Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell."