- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 thick slices stale, homemade-style white bread
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Fried Calamari
- Place the potato in a small saucepan and cover with lightly salted water by 1/2-inch. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Drain and let cool.
- Soak the bread well in water. Squeeze out the water and tear the bread into small pieces to form large wet bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Place the garlic in a bowl and mix with the salt to form a paste. Add the potatoes, vinegar, and lemon juice, and mash well. Add the wet bread crumbs and mash to make a smooth paste. Gradually add the oil, mixing constantly, to form a thick sauce. Continue to beat until the sauce is thick enough to hold its shape. Adjust seasoning, to taste, with salt and lemon juice. Spoon into a decorative bowl and serve at room temperature with Fried Calamari.
Steak Fries With Blue Cheese Shallot Butter
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Fried Calamari With Creole Olive Salad
Creole Calamari With Smoked Tomato Sauce And Olive Salad
Grilled Swordfish With White Bean Relish And Potato Skordalia
Linguica Crusted Redfish With A Portuguese Olive-tomato Sauce, Fried Calamari And Feta Cheese
Fresh Swordfish With An Olive Tomato Sauce And Crispy Calamari